Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Utah Fun

This past weekend Clayton and I got the chance to go home! We didn't realize how much we missed Utah until we stepped off the plan and felt that nice hot dry heat:) It is definitely not that way in Chicago!
The weekend went by waaay to fast:( Here are some of the things that we did!

It all started out at 5 am on friday morning. We had decided to go to The Dark Knight, the midnight showing, that same night. Ha ha ha not the best idea when you have a flight at 5 am and you have not even started packing! The movie was pretty incredible. Heath Ledger was absoulutly phenomonal however I am not sure if I would see it again. It was pretty dark and very scary. I guess that is a sign of good acting and incredible directing. It definitely sucked us in and I will be the first to admit that as we were walking out of the theater and Clayton stood behind me and touched my shoulder, I jumped and had to check just to make sure it was clayton-- in case it might have been our makeup loving friend The Joker. He definitely had me scared and convinced I was next...ha ha ha

Well after finally arriving in SLC four hours and two cancelled flights later than our origonal expected arrival time Clayton declared very forcefully that we will no longer be flying NWA. It made me giggle....he had had a rough flight. Needless to say he slept the entire flight:)

Honestly this weekend we did not have a moment to spare! Once we got home we had to head straight to provo. We had a few errons to run and a family reuinion to stop at. It was fun to see all of the Seipert family again and for Clayton to meet them. He fits right in:) We then stopped at our new apartment! I am so excited. It is on the boarder between Orem and Lindon, right up on the mountian up from Kneader's. It is the basement apartment of a 3 year old home. The upstairs is vacant for when the home owner come to utah to visit family. It is a beautiful home with a great view. The bedrooms are huge and I am definitely a sucker for walk in closets! It will be really fun when we finally get to move into it in October:)

We then ran over to Erin's play. She is currently starring in Seussical the Musical:) I definitely think Clayton enjoyed it the most, inbetween bathroom breaks and yawns he caught all the action. ha ha ha. The best part of the day had to be Cafe Rio.....oh man have i missed my Chicken Salad, no beans just rice and all of the fixins with creamy cilantro dressing. Wow it is good.

Saturday was a bit of a whirlwind. I had three showers and they we so much fun. Clayt was such a trooper. He dropped me off to each one and showed up at the end for introductions. He was so cute. I think he had all of the ladies in love with him by the end of each shower. It was so fun for me to be able to see all of my friends and family that I have not seen for months. It was really fun and we got tons of stuff that we definitely need!

Sunday I was definitely feeling under the weather. I had started to get sick on friday. I had a pretty bad cough and runny nose but I was feeling fine until Sunday hit. I did not feel good at all. The plane ride home was definitely interesting. I always feel bad for the person who has to sit next to the sick person on the flight.....that sick person was me:( Poor Clayton, he did such a good job of taking care of me and helping me feel better.

All in all it was such a wonderful weekend. I loved being home with the family and Clayton needed a break. Now we are back in Chicago with the normal daily grind, but hey we come home for good in THREE WEEKS!!!! YAY!!!


Derrek, Jessica and Dyson said...

We can't wait tell you come home. This time you will hopefully have enough time to play with Dyson:)